Monday, June 14, 2021

IT'S A GRAND OLD . . .

Today is another birthday for my old buddy Baseball Steve.

I won't embarrass him by telling you which one but let's just say that he is a little bit somewhat younger than me.

It's also a special day for we residents of the U.S. of A.


So Happy Birthday, Steve, and Happy Flag Day to all those of you who share my country.

But therein lies a story.
 

Judy had to go see her eye doctor today.

Not knowing if her eyes would be dilated or not, I drove her to his office.

She was back in the bowels of the medical world for about an hour or so but when she came out she said her eyes hurt.

I, the caring husband, panicked and asked her what was the matter, what had they done to her in there, did we have to race to the hospital, etc. etc.

She said her doctor was going to send a picture to me.

Growing ever more fearful, I asked "Of what? Of your eyes? What's wrong???"

She said "Oh, you'll see once you get the picture."

And pretty soon, I *did* get the picture, in more ways then one.

I'm sharing it with you now.

Brace yourselves.




In case you can't make it out, his trousers are royal blue, matching the blue behind the stars on his necktie.

Judy said his nurse commented "You're lucky you weren't here a few months ago. On St. Patrick's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment