Monday, July 19, 2021

A TALE

 Once upon a time there was a curious black cat.

He used to show up on our back wall from time to time.


While curious, he was also cautious.

"Let's see, I wonder if this is a safe place for me to take a little rest."


"It seems to me like I can smell a trace of other cats here before me.
It might not be prudent. I am not in the mood for a cat fight."


But comfort won out over caution and he stretched out for a bit.

But as he rose up after his period of relaxation, he spotted me, spotting him.


"Okay, human, are you going to chase me out of your yard? But he's inside, behind that window, I don't think he's much of a threat."


"I'll just use this old blue cat as a stepping stone to cross over and see if there's anything to eat outside their back door."

But the tale took a sudden turn when he got to just a few feet from the glass slider door and I loomed up on the other side of it.

I carefully slid the door open and called to him but he was already back across the yard and up on the wall.

When I inched outside intending to sit down in my chair and see if he'd come over to me, he took off the other way.

At the far end of the wall, he stopped and turned to look back to make sure I wasn't coming after him.


All right, black cat, I'll see you later.

"Not if I see you first, human."

17 comments:

  1. He is a more handsome and less nervous black cat than the earlier one...really...he is a different cat. The other one would never have made eye contact like this...really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing...I hope he has a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he does. We just don't know where. But he's too well kept to be a stray.

      Delete
  3. I know you want to be friends...maybe he will come around eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My black cat is like that too. Not a warm individual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing this isn't Salem in the 1690s! You might be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you called him a "pretty kitty" and left a treat on the fence post. That's how I get cat friends --and some human friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is quite the cat magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful cat tale. I'm sure he'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's checked you out, nothing bad happened. It's a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm betting he'll be back one day soon. He/she is a handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He'll be back.
    Reminds me of Zhoen's Zeppo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    ReplyDelete

  13. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3 DAYS....It all depends on how fast

    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of

    hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. I got to know about

    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..

    It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can

    never be poor again. The least money I get in a month with it is about

    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD). Everyday I keep pumping money into my

    account. Though it is illegal, there is no risk of being caught, because it

    has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a

    technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV's to detect you.. For

    details on how to get yours today,email the hackers on:

    onlineblankatm24@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +1-217-310-6945 Tell your loved

    ones too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my

    life changed for good... Love you all... The email address again is

    onlineblankatm24@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +1-217-310-6945

    ReplyDelete