Tuesday, July 20, 2021

HARVEST

 The plants seem to be enjoying our cooler and wetter weather of late.

The gourd vines are beginning to climb their stakes and heading for the arbor supports.


They're being guided by some string help from the Master Gardener.

(Hint: that's not me.)



Meanwhile, snuggled in with the gourds are some Summer Squash plants which suddenly have produced some beginners.


They're just babies yet but they're growing down there.


Meanwhile, across the yard at the tomato barrel, there's one peeking out that is just about ripe enough to be picked.


He'll probably leave the vine today and join a handful of others on the kitchen counter.


Ah summer produce, fresh from the garden.

Ain't it lovely?

12 comments:

  1. I am very impressed. Neighbors here keep dropping off huge zucchinis from their raised bed planters. I even saw a patient drop off (pawn off) a huge zucchini to the chiropractor when I was at their office! It begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE home grown tomatoes. It seems like most plants like the cooler and wet but also lots of sun. They can be finicky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh tomatoes. I'm impressed. Mine are all still green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Love seeing your garden. Those tomatoes look delicious, Ours are still small and green, but we're hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be out of my depth trying to garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest has done the same with the summer squash, even looks like the same pot size. I like them when they are small and very firm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice garden. All I can grow in my 4 square yards of association property is a few tomato plants. I get just about enough to satisfy my tomato need from July through September.

    L lose too many waiting for them to vine ripe, I pull them when they start turn color and let them finish up inside a paper bag with a slice of apple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gourds and their vines are quite pretty, but the tomatoes are the stars of this show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It IS lovely! It's amazing how ridiculously productive squash plants can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lovely. I have zucchini and summer squash both, and they look like they are going to be fruitful. I also charred a home grown jalapeno for my hamburger tonight. So far, the score is 3 zucchini and 2 jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very lovely. I wish I could do that. It sure beats the grocery store variety.

    ReplyDelete