Tuesday, October 5, 2021

CHEESE BREAD

 Back, back, back we go into the depths of the Taylor Family Bakery and here is the result.




Parmesan baked on the top and bottom, cubes of melting cheddar inside, alongside a dab of sour cream and a dash of cayenne.

I can't wait to try it but here's the hard part: the recipe (from America's Test Kitchen) says to cool completely before cutting into it.

THREE HOURS!

I may have to fight SWMBO as she is not wont to wait but I cannot bring myself to argue with the master bakers from America's Test Kitchen.

So for the next couple of hours in purgatory, all I can do is glance longingly at it as I walk (frequently) through the kitchen.


12 comments:

  1. Makes me want to eat bread again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had better keep an eye on it and on SWMBO! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a better combo than cheese and bread. I would want it warm and a bit melting inside. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way when driving home with the smell of a take out order of Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that you are reluctantly waiting! Bread continues to bake on the inside, so cutting it before it has cooled could produce a gummy bread on the inside. It'll be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy. I can't wait to hear how it tastes. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did wait the full three hours. It's good though I did not have an EXTRA sharp cheddar. Next time I'll seek out one. Also I think I'd double or more the amount of cayenne. 1/8 of a teaspoon doesn't have that much effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How was it? It looks delicious and sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete