Thursday, November 18, 2021

PLAN AHEAD

 Well, I hope you're ready.

The big Feasting Day of the year is only a week away now.

When I was a wee lad, there was always a huge bronzed bird placed on the table in front of my carving-knife-armed father.

In later years, Judy and I scaled it back to a turkey breast, both favoring white meat over dark.

And in many years of late, having learned that she doesn't really like turkey, our Thanksgiving meal has become a roast pork tenderloin.

The sides remain generally intact though.

Well, whatever way you do it, it's time to be getting prepared.

Good luck.


10 comments:

  1. I much prefer the sides to the turkey, although I don't like mashed potatoes and enjoy a combo of turkey, stuffing/dressing and gravy. But I eagerly wait for the pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going vegetarian this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually prefer the dark meat, but generally would rather go for beef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're going to have another quiet Thanksgiving here. No socializing with family yet. Won't be eating turkey or beef (haven't had either in about 50 years). Probably a very special spicy tofu or tempeh dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on an Anna Thomas cookbook spree. Have all of her cookbooks and are revisiting our 1970's in our 70's! I salute you to not straying for 50 years. We are marking this Thanksgiving as getting back on track.

      Delete
  5. I love all the veggies that go with the turkey but do love turkey sandwiches for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ours is this Saturday. Lots of people, had to buy an air fryer to do a second bird, have never done that before, fingers are crossed. Actually one bird is enough, but you can not let Italians leave home without a plate of leftovers...we need a second bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wild Turkey is on Friday's shopping list. Hick prefers the 101 version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That's my kind of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete