Tuesday, January 25, 2022

MOVIES FOR OLD FOLKS

 I was having some conversation with SWMBO this evening and the expression "our precious bodily fluids" came out of my mouth.

I knew where it came from, I just didn't know why.

But after looking at a couple of clips on You Tube, I went to Amazon Prime and rented the movie.

We have 30 days to begin watching it - a true classic.



George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden and Peter Sellers, Peter Sellers, Peter Sellers.

I urge you all to join me . . whether old folks or young.

8 comments:

  1. It's been years since I've seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen many clips of this movie, but I don't think I've ever watched it from beginning to end. I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite movies. Crazy but believable.So many images I can't forget-the end with Slim Pickens riding the bomb (it was him wasn't it). Anyway a great way to spend the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of the film but have 0 familiarity with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great film. Scary, because it seemed so believable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A true classic film from Kubrick with amazing performances, from Peter Sellers, George C Scott and others. I watch it at least once a year thanks to Turner Classic Movies.
    When I first saw it Indianapolis in 1964 at a theater on North Illionis a few blocks from Bruce's old radio station at WIBC, there was a full house for the local premiere.
    Interstingly, in that audience I was the only person who was laughing out lound.

    ReplyDelete