Saturday, April 16, 2022

CAKE

 Easter Sunday.

Or as I have renamed it, Eater Sunday.

I know, I know, I'm a heretic.

Be that as it may.

This heretic spent hours in the Taylor Family Bakery Kitchen Friday.

Most cooks would have spent about half an hour.

But I'm not most cooks.

I'm a beginner.

So it takes me a lot longer.

But here's the result of my labors.




Looks kinda unimaginative, doesn't it?

Here's a bit of a better look.




But for the big reveal, one I did not trust myself to do, I called in the

Master Chef, SWMBO, aka Judy.

And she, masterfully, did the honors.




Yes!

It's my very own (first) Pineapple Upside Down Cake!

Voila!

Happy Eater!

15 comments:

  1. That cake looks quite yummy. Great job... both the baking and the reveal. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive. Did you use the listening method to determine it was done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a carrot cake would be the cake of the day. I've never had a pineapple upside down cake. Happy Easter to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have a piece for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pineapple upside down cake. My Mum made a great one which I still miss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh it's been ages since I had a pineapple upside down cake. That's a pity because I really like it. Would love to have a slice of yours. Looks good! Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks quite fine! I surprised you have been able to resist trying it before Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen them done on the Great British Baking Show and yours looks every bit as delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love pineapple upside down cakes. I want a slice! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent! I love pineapple upside down cake, but my kids don't like pineapple so I could never make it for them.

    ReplyDelete