Saturday, April 2, 2022

MASKED MAN

 Mask mandates are coming down all over the country and with two vaccines and a booster, with another one coming soon, I'm feeling more relaxed about not wearing a pandemic mask.

Actually where I live I'd say the majority, possibly the vast majority, of residents never have worn a mask.

The percentage of people who've been vaccinated just recently hit 70 after hovering at 69 percent for months.

But I have been faithful to the scientific guidelines and have been going into stores looking like a bandit for months.

Actually I guess I could say "for years".

And, actually, I guess I could say "an aging bandit".

But lately, with even the President frequently going out without a mask, I have doffed mine too.

Except at medical offices.

They still require them.

Even if you're just there to deliver or pick someone up.

Like I was the other day waiting for SWMBO at a medical lab.




It's not particularly flattering.

But some of my very near and dear relatives would say, "You ought to see him without it!"

Like the comedian Rodney Dangerfield used to say, "I don't get no respect!"

13 comments:

  1. You look 50 in your mask. I feel way younger and very incognito in my mask. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will carry on with mask wearing.
    This hasn't finished by a long chalk

    ReplyDelete
  3. today was the first time since March 15th, 2020 that i walked in Walmart without a mask. Next week i will wear it. I felt naked and afraid because there were only 3 people, all 3 employees that had on a mask. I spoke to one that is a friend and he had his on and said he doesnt care what people think, he is going to wear his. I will to. only docs require masks now and not all of them, some are allowing without. the doc assistant came in with a mask and asked if we wanted it on or off, they are givng people the choice. I am sick to death of it but until people stop dying I am wearing mine in public spaces

    ReplyDelete
  4. gz is spot on. I'll be wearing mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just lost our mask mandate 2 weeks ago and the vast majority of people are still wearing them inside everywhere and many still wearing outside. Our vaccination rate in Toronto is at 90% but you still hear of people getting it. I'm still wearing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will continue wearing masks for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We still wear ours. Our booster was seven months ago and sooner or later there will be another surge. Its easier to keep the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't see the wry smile, but it's keeping you safe. I think caution is a wise path, for a while yet. Stay healthy old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took my wife's car for service this past week. I keep masks in my car, she doesn't. I got to the service department, I HAD NO MASK! I felt naked, the service writer gave me one to wear. I was releived and felt whole again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We still wear our masks when we're out at the food co-op. Most of the employees and customers still wear them as well. It makes us all feel pretty safe. When we have to venture out to the dentist or doctor, they still require masks. We're very appreciative of that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same thing down here. I quit wearing one in large stores but Gammage still requires them and of course, the doctor's office.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're no longer required where I work or in shops in London, so I don't wear them anymore for the most part. I DO wear them on public transportation, if it's crowded, even though they're not mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's talk here of lifting our mask mandate after Easter, but I'll still be wearing them in public places and on public transport.

    ReplyDelete