Thursday, April 21, 2022

Oscar Peterson - Hymn To Freedom

I have said for years that the pianist with the fastest hands I've ever heard was the legendary Oscar Peterson.

I was reminded of that again this morning when a newsletter I receive from the Washington Post included a link to this extraordinary performance in Denmark in 1964.

It's just shy of 7 minutes long but hang with it.

Also featured are Ray Brown on bass and Ed Thigpen on drums.




For those of you concerned about the Crooks Fire burning in the Prescott National Forest south of here, it's grown to 2,000 acres and the firefighters are concerned about high winds again today and tomorrow.

Keep them in your thoughts.

There have been some evacuations but I don't believe any homes have been burned yet.

The Tunnel Fire near Flagstaff, about 80 miles north of here, however has claimed a number of homes outside of the city.

It is early with a long fire season ahead.

7 comments:

  1. I felt like I was driving around in an ashtray this morning, and yet people are definitely out in it with newborns, dogs, even playing tennis! ACK! As the Slurpee was being flown across HWY 69 the gawking was apparent with near miss accidents. GEESH. I must block out fire season every year. I'm not sure any place in Arizona is exempt. So today I get to test out the a/c for the season since all the windows are closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only April! Way too early for fire season. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that fire is contained soon. It does seem so early for fire season.
    Wonderful to listen to Oscar Peterson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and yours popped into my mind when I first heard about the fires.

    Oscar loved what he did, and wow, did it ever show! He was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Southern California will see more fires. The fires over the past years have been so destructive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my next life I am going to learn to play piano.
    I hate fire season.

    ReplyDelete