Tuesday, April 19, 2022

FIRE SEASON

 


This is the view this morning toward the Bradshaw Mountains from the end of my street.

(Sorry about the power lines.)

The Crooks Fire started about 14 miles south of Prescott sometime yesterday and was only 4 acres at mid-day.

But by this morning it had expanded to 750 acres and there is a Red Flag Warning for all day today because of high winds and low humidity.

The Weather Gods say winds could gust as high as 50 miles per hour.

And Arizona is in the midst of a multi-year drought.

So there you go.

It could be a long, hot summer with more of these fires happening.

If you're in a hazardous area, stay safe.

11 comments:

  1. I saw on the news that there was a fire out there and I hoped it was far away from you. Looks like it isn't. I hope all stays well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that fire is contained soon. We don't usually see smoke like that a until late August. Fire season here is from summer until the first rains. We're having quite a wet April, so that will help mitigate some of the future fire dangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, and it's fire season. It has no season in California anymore. It's hard to imagine, but there are still people who think climate change/global warming is a hoax. I doubt you and Judy, or I and my peers will experience the worst of it, but it's causes will lie on our shoulders, and those before us.
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I fear it will be part of our "legacy". Mores the pity.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fire already? I am dreading summer and the potential hazards of fire and smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have similar fire warnings all summer here. Last year a 20,000 acres fire was started by a single spark from an angle-grinder. One of my kids lives in a fire zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just hearing about another fire near Flagstaff that has people worried too. It's a scary time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fire season here too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete