Monday, May 2, 2022

JUST CHECKING

 SWMBO and I (mostly her) were out pulling some weeds in the yard the other day when this little rascal climbed up on the wall as if to see what we were up to.



He stayed there, not two feet away from me, long enough to pose for this picture.

He's just one of many such lizards that live on and about our property.

The boss says she's glad to see them because they eat bugs and maybe they'll keep the mosquito population down this summer.

I enjoy watching them as they scamper about and stop frequently to "do their push-ups."

11 comments:

  1. I'm not enjoying the lizards as much as you, though I do appreciate their eating the annoying crickets and spiders. I've noticed the push ups. Exercise for upper body strength to climb the walls maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may enjoy watching you too - especially when you are wearing your Stanley Blue Jays T-shirt and singing "Home, Home on the Range".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I haven't seen a lizard doing push ups in a while. I had forgotten about that. It's always fun to watch lizards out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, cute little guy! I like lizards but I would lose my mind if I saw a scorpion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have blue-tongue lizards living in the gardens surrounding the flats. There used to be dozens of them, one even in my garden, but there are very few left now. Some get run over as they sunbake on the driveway, others get killed by people who thinks they are pests or dangerous. I haven't seen "my" lizard since a year before covid came here. I see a few geckos now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he's like the robins in our garden, hovering around when I weed so they can eat whatever bugs I uncover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as they're not leaping lizards, I think I'd be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy seeing these little creatures wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete