Tuesday, May 10, 2022

SO IT'S TUESDAY

 I couldn't really think of anything to blog about today so here's a picture of our bird bath, ready and waiting for visitors.




Don't worry about that lazy cat, birdies, he's harmless.

It continues to be very dry and very windy and we remain in a Red Flag Warning here.

Which means conditions are rife for brush or forest fires.

The Crooks Fire, south of Prescott, is still burning but is 96 percent contained, according to the fire fighting authorities.

Thanks go out to all of those on the front lines.

There's another kind of fire burning in my kitchen right now.

Well, not really.

It's an electric stove.

But I have two loaves of my famous infamous English Muffin Bread baking.

When I put milk on my morning cereal today I noticed a slightly "off" taste but SWMBO has told me that sour milk is okay in my bread recipe and since she's the one that eats it she should know.

So I hied me to the kitchen bakery.

Unlike yesterday morning, I lazed in bed until nearly 8 this morning.

As I commented on another blog, the fresh bed linens must have worked for me.

Though I did wake about 3 a.m. with a severe cramp in one foot but I got rid of it by limping around the house in the dark for awhile.

SWMBO and I have been watching "Inventing Anna" on Netflix and quite enjoying it.

And that's about all the excitement around here.

It may be boring but at least I got a blog post out of it.

So it goes.

27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the beaner and I just finished that series. Now on to one called Unbelievable and another one called The Con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read this morning that "Inventing Anna" has nine episodes and we've just completed three. I think nine is more than I can normally handle. I lose interest quickly.

      Delete
  3. "Hied"....man, haven't heard that one in years, Bruce. I'm determined to use it in a sentence in the next few days, just gotta figure how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear me, varlet, hie thee to a keyboard apace.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed Inventing Anna too. It's amazing that it is a true story. That girl had guts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reminding Judy "It's not a documentary, you know." I was reading the "real" story of Anna on line this morning. Whether on Netflix or on Wikipedia, you're right, that girl did have guts.

      Delete
  5. Will check it out on Netflix. I seem to be watching more on Amazon Prime these days. Are you sure it's Tuesday? Feels like a Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think my post was that funny. 😉

      Delete
  6. Well, there is something to say about being an active blogger. It keeps you active and entertains us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "entertain", I presume you mean interested to see if any of my posts have any worth at all.

      Delete
  7. Hadn't heard of "Inventing Anna" before, so we may have to take a look. We're always hoping to find something new to watch to take our attention for a while. Looking forward to hearing how your English Muffin Bread turned out. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may enjoy "..Anna", though at 9 episodes it may be too much.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and the bread turned out as it always does. Perfection, (he said modestly.)

      Delete
  8. Eight is when I usually get up and that's only because Mari starts scratching on the door. (her breakfast is a little before 8) Sour milk works like buttermilk, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a very fine bird bath and I hope it gets plenty of use, in spite of the cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does and they seem to know he is a protector not a terminator.

      Delete
  10. Some days it can be hard to come up with a blogpost but we must keep on churning them out. It is our mission. Maybe we should just make stuff up when we dry up... like the night that SWMBO sang at Caesar's Palace with Dionne Warwick or how you were driven out of Stanley by an angry mob bearing burning torches and chanting, "KILL! KILL! KILL!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was the old Sands and Ella Fitzgerald. And I thought history had forgotten that story about the mob!

      Delete
  11. I saw a map of the fire..I think it is the one you are talking about...north of Las Vegas? Huge and scary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our fire is much smaller and further west, in Arizona, and I think no longer threatening any structures.

      Delete
  12. As we say in the news biz, "There are no boring stories -- only boring reporters!" (Which you are not.)

    I can't see why slightly off milk wouldn't work in bread. In fact that was a probably a way to preserve slightly off milk in the old days -- bake it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is much kitchen science I don't know. Heck, just this morning I was thinking about something I've learned recently: that three teaspoons make up one tablespoon!

      Delete
  13. I've been getting cramps more often lately. I must say that it's VERY RUDE to awaken me like that! Now I'm off to ask Mike if our milk is "off" & if so will he make some bread with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SWMBO claims low potassium can cause cramps and suggests upping your banana intake!

      Delete
    2. SWMBO is right.. potassium and magnesium! Bananas and orange fruit!!

      Delete