Monday, May 9, 2022

A SLOW START TO THE WEEK

 


I know how he feels.

While time seems at time to race, it simultaneously seems to creep.

I was up before 6, awake before 5 this morning.

By 10 I'd dined on the last scrap of a loaf of cheese bread, a slice of orange left over from a sweet potato dish SWMBO prepared, a handful of big red grapes, and consumed a couple of cups of coffee.

I'd done a small load of laundry and remade my bed.

I'd washed a tiny amount of dishes from the night before.

I'd read some from a recent Arizona Highways magazine.

I'd browsed the news on the Internet and read some emails.

I'd done my daily 10 minute bask in the sun.

I'd contemplated a necessary trip to the public library.

Maybe it's not such a slow start.

Maybe it's time for a nap.

(yawn)

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full lid to me, Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always have time for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't the turtle win the race in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Probably more than enough for a Monday, Susan.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a very busy morning to me. You got way more done than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were awake before I was- and you're two time zones west.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just reading this schedule makes me want a nap. What a morning you had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a lot! Mental exercise can be just as exhausting as the physical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely time for a nap. zzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I thought you meant 10 p.m., not a.m.! That sounds like a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a lot for an old retired guy, not for a youngster like you.

      Delete