Friday, June 24, 2022

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

 Yes, yes, I know, Gentle (and Faithful) Readers.

You've been thinking "Jeez, it's Friday, it's getting late, he hasn't posted since Tuesday, he IS pretty old, you don't suppose . . ."

Well you can't get rid of me THAT easy, friends and neighbors.

See it was a Dark and Stormy Night here in Paradise, i.e. Arizona.

Around midnight, and for a few hours following, the thunder thundered and the lightning flashed and the sky spat a tiny bit of rain and worst of all the wind blew.

We had the windows open for the expected cool night and around 4 a.m. my bedroom door was blown shut with a loud SLAM.

Which woke me up yet again.

So I opened it but then I had to go to the bathroom and while I was in there it slammed shut again.

Which woke Judy up again and she turned on the light to see if I was okay.

I gave up on a cool night and closed my window and we both struggled back to sleep.

And I woke a couple of hours later than usual this morning and it took me awhile to get my sleepy brains back together and that's why this is coming to you late today.

So . . .





















And with that mooving story, The Friday Funnies are complete.

And replete.

Now it's up to you to compete for the all-time tops Weekend.

But never forget to keep laughing!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

10 comments:

  1. So glad to see these funnies even if they're a bit late. We had some really good laughs here, especially the author reading. Thank you for the Friday Funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author reading made me cackle - but TACO CAT blew my mind. Whoosh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The impatiens, lol! I've never had luck with them, probably because I haven't given into their entreaties. I loved and still love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older brother one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that one about the kid and his older brother. LOVE that Taco cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bedroom portal one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes the older brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra points for a Feline Pallindrome. Purrrrfect!

    ReplyDelete