Monday, August 22, 2022

NUMBERS

 My wife, Judy, aka SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed), is fond of snorting at my occasional fascination with numbers and strange dates.

Like February 2nd or February 22nd of this year.

You see, they can be illustrated as 2-2-22 or 2-22-22.

And I find that fascinating.

She . . . not so much.

But.

BUT, I say.

She just came to me with some numbers written on a piece of paper to remind her of something or other and said, "Look at this!"

I did and failed to see anything weird or strange or fascinating about it.

Here's my calendar page for the day.




I didn't see anything weird or strange or fascinating about it.

That is until she . . . (I did tell you her avatar on this blog is She Who Must Be Obeyed, didn't I?) . . . that is until she explained it to me.

See you can abbreviate the date to 8-22-22.

And if you add up all those 2's you come up with the date of the month preceding them.

Well, that IS fascinating.

At least to me, a guy who likes numbers.

(Thank you, ma'am.)

14 comments:

  1. I noticed the 'double 22s' at thee end of the series, but never would have figured out the rest if you hadn't pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numbers will never be my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you two come up with some lucky lotto numbers for me to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's way over my math/number head. I wish I could understand. I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We retired folk have got to find things to do to fill our time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2-2-22 was my younger daughter's 32nd birthday. Too bad it wasn't her 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought she was pointing out the numerical palindrome, 22-8-22, but then remembered that's how we write the dates in Australia, and you folk write it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what numerology is, exactly, but isn't this sort of it -- like, finding significance in numbers and their arrangement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's just a game and an excuse to write a blog post.

      Delete
  9. I watched a movie on Amazon Prime last night that was all about numbers, math and probability ratios. I had a hard time catching the whole gist but it turned out to be interesting. It was called "The Oxford Murders".

    ReplyDelete