Saturday, September 10, 2022

IT IS BERRY, BERRY GOOD!

 


Just to let you know I haven't quite given up the oven yet in the midst of our move that's my take on Julia Child's Berry Clafoutis.

I whipped it up with a bunch of blueberries yesterday morning but by the time we got to taste it the dish was cold and we were slightly disappointed.

This morning I microwaved a piece just enough to bring it to warm and I found it to be much better.

You can top it with powdered sugar, as I did last night, and Judy had hers with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side but I just had it plain this morning and it was fine.

It's a very simple job and the recipe is readily available on the Internet.

You could Google it.

8 comments:

  1. Your posts are difficult for someone who needs to shed a few pounds, but, do carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look very yummy. Now I wish I hadn't given up on baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good looking masterpiece from your oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it meant to be eaten warm? and can different fruits be used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's better warm but it can be eaten hot, warm, room temperature or cool, according to your taste. And yes, clafoutis can be made with virtually any kind of fruit. I've made them with cherries, plums, even with big red grapes! They're all good but it's the custard that makes it for me.

      Delete
  5. Oh, those are strikingly interesting cloud formations. Looks like an interesting baked goods and I do like blueberries.

    ReplyDelete