Tuesday, October 25, 2022

AUTUMN

 No, this post is not about our neighbor, whose name happens to be  Autumn.

It's about the season of the year we are now ensconced in.




It's that time of the year when changing weather causes the trees to turn from their summery green to the beautiful reds and yellows and oranges made lovelier still by a soft sunlight.

But this gorgeous season is also called Fall.

That could be because all of those beautiful leaves are blown from the trees and fall gently onto our yards and sidewalks and driveways, calling out for a human with a rake to get busy.


Grrrr!

11 comments:

  1. You could always just leaf them alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not looking forward to hours of blowing and bagging that's for sure. So far, mine are still green and on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to mow mine up since raking for any length of time makes my back hurt. Grrr indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaf mould!! Brown-black gold for gardeners

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can rake them into piles for dogs to jump into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was out raking yesterday. It is kind of fun actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading lately that people use fallen leaves for gardening. It enriches the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was little, I mean much younger, I thought Americans called it fall because they couldn't spell ortum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or you could just ignore them, which is what we mostly do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that "Fall" was the season when senior American citizens were most likely to fall down and hurt themselves - fracturing hips and wrists and bruising their asses. However, it appears that I was wrong. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete