Friday, November 25, 2022

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

 Y'know, after a feasting day things kind of slow down so I'm a little late with this edition of comedy and fun'n'games.

So how did your big meals go yesterday?

Here's a photo of our Thanksgiving turkey.



Yeah, those are actually slow cooker barbecued ribs and they were delicious.

And just to show you the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, here's a photo of the BRD's pumpkin pie.


Yep, those are Chocolate Scones (before glazing).

So you see, tradition doesn't run very deep in our family.

Whatever you ate yesterday, I hope it was as good as ours.

And now let's prepare you, especially if you're Black Friday shoppers, for the weekend with some Friday Funnies.

We begin with an offering from Wacky Wally.





















I love that one that I found in my mailbox just this morning from the Nuclear Humorist.

Now folks, if those didn't put you in a good enough mood to face the culmination of the year and the true onset of the holiday chaos, maybe you're just not tryin'.

So let's gird our loins (what???) and have ourselves a wonderful weekend.

And always remember to keep laughing!

Just one more time, let's return to the true meaning of Thanksgiving, thanks to Comical Carol.

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

14 comments:

  1. We had a great feast and I am tired from all of the cooking and cleaning up! Thanks for the smiles to perk me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your staff did a fine job assisting you with jokes this week.
    Ribs are my favourite dinner so I would be all in for that Thanksgiving feast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner looks delicious! Loved the funnies, especially the cat one and the dirty van.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a very nice, quiet Thanksgiving, just the two of us. Trying to stay safe and healthy. So far so good! Adding to our good health are these Friday Funnies. Laughing is good for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the chilling for an hour!!! After not cooking for a few years I could have felt like this easily!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm... those barbecued ribs look truly scrumptious Bruce. And my favourite funny was the crowbars one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always did love Granny Clampett :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cooking a 10 lb. bird didn't leave a lot of leftovers. On to Turkey White Bean chili today to put an end to it! I think you had the right idea with the ribs. What a lot of cleanup there is with a Thanksgiving traditional meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That van made me laugh out loud. If I ever saw that in traffic, I'd have to follow them just to tell them that they are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm never going to look at biscuits & gravy the same way again - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once had a cat who loved knocking things off the table and shelf and the counter and anywhere else she could get. She must have been very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the emotional support dog and the inspirational quote!

    ReplyDelete