Thursday, December 8, 2022

HOLIDAYS

 In my self-designated role as the Reminder of Important Events, I feel compelled to let you all know that today is a Very Important Holiday.




In the interests of good governance, I'd be happy to provide my mailing address to anyone who feels compelled to properly celebrate this special day.  (Just kidding)

I just had a meal planning conversation with Her Majesty.

I bought a few avocadoes the other day and they've about ripened to the point of eating them today.

(Para hoy, as the expression goes in Mexico.)

She suggested she might make BLTA (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado) sandwiches.

I had earlier said I might make tacos.

She asked me if she should make the BLTA's today and I could make the tacos tomorrow or the other way around.

I said BLTA's today and, since tomorrow is Friday, I'd do our traditional Friday pizza then and tacos on Tuesday.

(y'know, Taco Tuesday.)

She scoffed at that so we'll see how things develop.

Life is so difficult.


6 comments:

  1. Brownies sounds good right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked zucchini bread yesterday, but ate most of it before I thought to take a photo. All your dinner choices sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made Nanaimo bars; they are sort of like a brownie? Avocadoes go in everything--tacos, sandwiches, salads. They are very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday was Brownie Day?? And I didn't make any :( now I'll have to wait until next year :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to make BLTAs and I loved them. I haven't had one in years. (And why not?!)

    ReplyDelete