Tuesday, December 13, 2022

MO' SNOW

 Surprise!  We got more snow during the night.







And for those of you wondering what I was going to make with the puff pastry I finally acquired, here's the first project.


The fancy title is from the French (of course),  Raspberry Pain au Chocolat.

The English translation makes them Raspberry Chocolate Croissants.

I prefer to call mine Puff Pastry Logs with a little Raspberry and Chocolate Hazelnut (Nutella).

I had trouble rolling out the puff pastry, with adding the paltry amount of filling, with marking the sealed edges and with cutting slits in the top of each piece.

But they baked well and I figured out a way to sprinkle them with powdered sugar without it getting all over the counter, the floor and me.

And when I got the rare bite with some of the previously mentioned paltry filling, they weren't bad.

Living and learning, here at the Taylor Family (experimental) Bakery.

13 comments:

  1. There has been a lot of baking going on at your house I see. It all looks so delicious. My sister texted a snowy photo to me so I knew you got some snow. You see the photos from London right now. Snow everywhere. We've had lots or rain lately but thankfully, no snow. It is rather cold out though. I'm not a fan of cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some experiments go oh so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Since they aren't a crescent shape they aren't croissants...technically. More SNOW?! We are apparently in for more also and bitterly cold weather. I think the weather gods have Washington mixed up with Wyoming. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fam of snow either. Love the cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh The Frenchified Taylor Logs look divine and seem even better when you learn that they contain no calories whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pain au chocolat. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have uses the puff pastry quite a few times lately. I find I have the most trouble when I don't get it out of the freezer soon enough and then I am fighting with it to roll it out and it flakes and tears......just a mess! Your French dessert looks delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pastries look so delicious. I may have to go to the store and buy something puffy, sweet, and filled with chocolate. Yum! Enjoy the snow there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping for snow around here...Of course I'm not planning to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That nasty snow storm is funny. Your puff pastry rolls look good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow and treats. Sounds perfect to me. Cheers, Ivy

    ReplyDelete