Saturday, March 11, 2023

ART & LUNCH ROAD TRIP

 Last Thursday was a very big day for we Seniors.

We did a road trip to Scottsdale, 85 miles down the road.

It seemed like years since we'd been out of the house and, with the exception of trips to doctors, grocery stores and the nearby pond to view the ducks, I think it had been years.

At any rate, we traveled to see the Celebration of Fine Art show.

It's a huge tent show that runs for two months with artists on hand to show their work and chat with lookie-lews and (potential) buyers.

The art is awesome.











This picture of two of the patrons is a bit out of focus.

It shows the BRD and SWMBO taking a break and is fuzzy because of my love for French Impressionism.

(At least that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.)

Speaking of fuzzy, we repaired from the art show to a nearby restaurant for lunch.



Well, all that walking does make one thirsty, you know, and we only had one beer each.

It was a very good day.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to have a road trip with your two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A group of us went a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We ate onsite. Saw so much art we would have loved to bring home if we had huge houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been years since I have been to an event like that too. Love that sculpture area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful reason for a road trip! I love looking at art although I rarely buy anything. The beer looks good too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really was a worthwhile trip...and not just a few paintings in the exhibition either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really was a worthwhile trip! A good show too, more than just a few paintings

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to take a road trip to see such lovely art there. And really great to see SWMBO and BRD enjoying the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Art is a bit hit or miss with me. I like things I can easily recognise, such as the knight on his horse at the top of your post, but abstract stuff turns me away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fox sculpture is quite something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that is a coyote. The name of the sculpture is "Trickster".

      Delete
  10. I love those long-eared jackrabbits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun. I'm glad you got to go. I love that event and haven't been yet this year. It's on my calendar for next Sunday. Instead, I went to the other big art show a little further north in Scottsdale called the Arizona Fine Arts Expo. It is a lot like celebration, just different artists. I'll have photos to share sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete