Saturday, April 1, 2023

APRIL FOOLS' DAY

 There, I've gotten that out of the way so I don't have to fool you.

The real April Fools' joke occurred a couple of days ago shortly after I took these photographs in my neighborhood.






The flowering plum trees breaking out, seemingly overnight, into beautiful blossoms would seem to mark the coming of Spring.

Springtime, that wonderful season of warmer temperatures, bursting flowerbuds, honeybees swarming and various varieties of birds filling the air with song.

But a couple of hours later as I was returning from the mailbox, it was snowing again!

It wasn't sticking at all and it was only tiny dry flakes but it was definitely snow.

Today The Weather Gods predict the mercury is due to rise into the upper 60's.

But I've been fooled before.

I'm not takin' nothin' for granted.

After all, as a meme I received from Crosstown Lori this morning clearly explains: it ain't over 'til it's over.


16 comments:

  1. It's been a crazy winter around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I thought you'd like that! Came from Canada, who suffers worse than us this time of year. She quoted Doug Larson: "Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."

    ReplyDelete
  3. thecontemplativecat@blogspot.com Google is messing with me. Sigh, spring blizzards. We lived in Iowa 40+ years ago. There was a blizzard there, we were snowed in for 3 days. Consider yourself lucky! The daffodils reappeared unharmed..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My google account is messing with me: thecontemplativecat@blogspot.com The tree lived through it! We had a bad blizzard on April 5, 1973 in Iowa. Daffodils were still alive when the snow melted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. tc cambria

    ReplyDelete
  6. That meme is perfect! Well, it's not snowing here, but it has been drizzling ALL day. Supposed to be gray and rainy here forever... or it's going to feel like forever. Hope the weather stays nice and warm there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fool's Spring indeed! I love those flowering trees--is that what I've been taking photos of? I never know what the differences are between the various trees. Plum, cherry? No clue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Roger Daltrey of The Who once sang, "We won't get fooled again!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya, our seasons tend to go like Crosstown Lori says.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 😊👍 Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hell's front porch sounds like Australia and you can keep that pollening season all to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And the Russian Federation is presiding over the UN Security Council!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yesterday got up to 10 Celsius here, before dropping to -10 in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is sunny but cold here after we had some spring yesterday. Love the meme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Remember back home in the "Land of the cattle and the wheat..." the snow storm that came about a week into actual spring was called "Oh fer crissakes"

    ReplyDelete