Tuesday, April 25, 2023

BIRTHDAY DINNER

 Several of you made comments on yesterday's post wondering if I had a celebratory meal to mark the beginning of my 84th year on this planet.

And I can tell you (Yorkshire Pudding) that it did not involve a quick run for a Big Mac.

As I told you (RedPat) it was exceptional.

And (LL) though it was tempting, I did NOT eat dessert first.

But let me not delay tempting your taste buds and making your mouths water a moment longer.




My birthday repast began with this salad of blanched snow peas, cucumbers and red mini-peppers.

As long time readers of this blog know, my wife Judy is not only an exceptional cook but an artist as well and I think she excels at her arranged salads.




The entree was one of our favorite meals - Chicken Picatta and Fettucini Alfredo topped with freshly grated Parmigianno Reggiano cheese from Italy, accompanied by toasted garlic bread.

Mmmmmm.  I just recreated the flavors in my mind and I'm hungry again!

And then - - dessert.




Judy's legendary Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

And SPRINKLES!




The master chef in my house created all of this herself.

I was only allowed to grate the cheese, mix pre-prandial drinks and pour the wine.

We could have gone out to some fine (and expensive) restaurant or even to Mickey D's for a couple of Big Macs but why spend the money when I have one of the world's great cooks right here at home.

It was a highly rewarding (and filling) celebration of my special day.

18 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous...great job to Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone deserves sprinkles on their birthday cake! The rest of the meal, not too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm - that looks amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a talented lady! What a lucky guy.
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the right choice to stay in and dine on Judy's creations.You know we have shared Chicken Picatta and Fettuccini Alfredo on more than one occasion in our many years. In fact you may have been the person who introduced us to that dish. We've been doing doctor runs and baby sitting. Did Lana's card arrive yet. Cheers! tc and Lana, Cambria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lana's card arrived right on schedule. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. I don't know . . . I would have had that cake for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds to me like a birthday meal I would love to have. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very sweet! (And I am not talking about the carrot cake!) I am glad you had a great meal worthy of 84 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dinner is beautiful and sounds scrumptious. Have I ever mentioned that carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts? The others are hummingbird cake, marionberry pie and apple crisp. Tell Judy! P.S. My birthday is August 12.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew Judy would do something delicious! It all looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thecontemplativecat here. This is a luscious meal. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looks very tasty, but where are the candles on the cake? I guess you didn't want to burn the house down!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm, cream cheese frosting! I could eat just that and forget the cake. It all looks so lovely, nicely presented too. My salads are the sort where things get dumped into a bowl and tossed. Colourful enough but not at all artistically presented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks pretty and sounds delicious! Great job, Judy!

    ReplyDelete