Sunday, May 14, 2023

FOR ALL MOTHERS

 Today is Mothers' Day . . a day devoted to honoring all mothers, step-mothers, grandmothers, nanas, grans, or whatever you call them.

So here's a couple of pictures of my Mom.



Check out the stylish marcelled hairdo.

The flicker of a smile -  she must have been thinking ahead to Oddball Observations.



A typical North Dakota day with her son - looks like she may have been dragging me to church.

I lost her a long time ago.

She died in 1953 at the early age of 49.

I was just 13.

I wish I'd been able to know her when I was an adult.

The mother I know the best I've lived with for over half a century.

She raised three children and it may just have tuckered her out.



The incredible Judy, aka She Who Must Be Obeyed, in a moment of repose.

For all of the mothers we celebrate, honor and love today, here's a little special gift from your offspring.




Happy Mothers' Day!

10 comments:

  1. What a nice reminiscence about your mom. I'm sorry you lost her so young. As for SWMBO, I can completely imagine being "tuckered out" by raising kids. It's all I can stand to just be around them during the day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. Losing your mother as such a young age for both you and your mom. I am so sorry about the years you missed with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing LL's comment!!
    Pirate lost his mum when he was about 7 or 8...and she was about the same age as your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my mum the same day one of my grand daughters was born, I was 52 at the time, mum was 78. Happy Mothers Day to Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly lovely and loving remembrance of your mom on Mother's Day. It is really so sad that she died when you both were so young. Our loved ones live in our hearts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad you didn't get more time with your mom! 13 would be a very difficult age to lose a parent. Motherhood is exhausting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine has been gone ten years now this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were so young. I lost my mum just after she had turned 90. I miss her terribly still several years later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine not having my mom around when I was an adult.

    ReplyDelete