Wednesday, June 7, 2023

PASTRY 1.0

That number in the title of this post does not mean I scored a 10 with my latest kitchen adventure.

It's more like a Beginner's Course Number.

So, brace yourselves.


That is supposed to be a Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart.

As I told Judy when she was viewing it, it's "Rustic".

I don't know if there is such a thing as a rustic tart but this version certainly would fit the description.

The good thing is I know and have had explained to me by the Master Chef of the household some of the mistakes I made.

I'll not bore you with the details.

And we haven't tasted "The Thing" yet and it could be delicious.

The cream cheese underlying the strawberries is flavored with sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and a pinch of salt.

So we'll see.


Meantime, I guess I should leave the fancier stuff to SWMBO, who can make even a salad plate of cucumbers and Kalamata olives look great.

7 comments:

  1. I bet the tart surprises you and tastes really good. Your resident chef certainly turns out a good looking plate of food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly 'epic', Bruce. Epic is like when I put my cast iron skillet on the burner to heat up to clean the grease, forgot it, then found it nearly red hot, it burst into flames, I poured water all over the place, and burned my hand taking the skillet off with only one oven mitt.
    But, this looks very good, and sounds like something I might try

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to get right back here and report on that tart! Inquiring minds, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead.

    Try it.

    You know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would most certainly eat that tart AND the salad plate, even though cucumbers don't like me these days. But I still love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great and rustic is far better than fancy schmancy in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete