Tuesday, June 13, 2023

WELL THAT WAS SHORT

 I'm talking about my hiatus of blog posting.

I have a damaged, somehow, desktop PC sitting next to me, useless for now.

But I revived a laptop from a closet and got it running.

It's fairly old; I think the battery is dead; so I can only run it plugged in.

Did I ever tell you how much I hate laptops?

But I have managed to plug my keyboard into it and after some finagling around I got my wireless mouse to work with it so it's just about like having a PC again.

The only problem is all that stuff I had on the PC is just sitting there, inaccessible for the time being and maybe forever.

So we struggle along, trying to pretend nothing is wrong.

But there is one, or actually three, other problems with this day.


Special thanks to Comical Carol for sending me that just this morning as I was gnashing my teeth and fouling the air with various epithets.

I'll try to be a better boy.

13 comments:

  1. don't you just love computer breakdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which reminds me...thankyou....must back up some stuff from my tablet onto a hard drive...and the laptop!

    This is why I keep paper copies of fleabay transactions and accounts. After 90 days they disappear from their website....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! Except for it not being close to Friday.
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the word discombobulated is appropriate. Good luck. tc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would dispute your final fact! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oof - hate computer issues! Also, I'm reading this on Wednesday, so the day after tomorrow IS Friday! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've adjusted to blogging and commenting on my laptop but if I had to use my iPhone it would be a NO GO. We're retired; isn't every day Friday? (or Saturday?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck getting it all solved. I'm starting to dislike technology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you got things up and running again, even if held together by bailing wire and chicken bones! (OK, it's not THAT bad, I'm sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. But the day after tomorrow is in fact Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did the epithets include ****, ******* and even worse ******?

    Don't you have any computer maintenance services in your neck of the woods. Okay you would have to part with some money but somebody out there would probably be able fix your P.C..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking it Sunday to the gentleman who built it and sold it to me to see what he can retrieve.

      Delete
    2. I hope you deleted any links to the "Nuns On The Rampage" website that I recommended to you.

      Delete