Friday, August 25, 2023

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

Well, it's Friday again.

(It's actually Thursday when I'm compiling these but don't tell anyone.)

I hope your week has been good and nobody arraigned on your parade.  😉

It's been quiet around here, other than doctor and lab visits.

Oh, and the BAD fell and broke her elbow.

She was coming out of a hospice appointment (she volunteers) when she missed a step and took a tumble.

Fortunately it was her left arm.

Oh, no, wait.

She's left-handed!




But her spirits are good and she'll get through this.

Gawd willing.

And speaking of the Supreme Deity (if you believe in him/her) . . .





















And, as always, that's it, folks.

It's over.

But overall, have yourselves an ostentatiosly optimistic oddly observant and omnicompetently oceanic weekend.

In other words, be okey-dokey.

And always remember to keep laughing!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

(oh-oh)


18 comments:

  1. There are some good ones here: friction, Buddha and grapevine in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Can hardly catch my breath! What a great bunch of fun! I especially liked how you followed Jack and Coke with Whiskey. Aren't you the clever one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really good laughs here. Thank you for keeping us laughing.
    So sorry to hear about BAD's broken elbow. Ow! That must really be painful. I wish her easy time and good healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the puns but that kitten's face made the day for me. Great Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The turtles, haha! I do love all of them but you know my weakness for kitties. I've had several friends break their wrists--what a PITA! Not being able to use an arm makes everything much more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...nobody arraigned on your parade." Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still laughing. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Friction/Non-Friction one but I must protest that a photo of your daughter's arm in a cast does not belong in your "Friday Funnies"! That's so callous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that BAD broke her elbow. It's not fun. It's limiting and you'll be doing things like help dress and wash hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me, Red. BAD is the Beautiful Artistic Daughter and she lives in another city 12 miles from us.

      Delete
  10. Oh my! That limbo party really was a mistake. I think God should be happy people are thanking him for Fridays. They don't thank him for much else these days. BAD will have to learn to use her other hand like I did when I tore my rotator cuff, years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also hope the arm heals quickly and without complications.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor kitty!

    And as a fellow southpaw, poor BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is the BAD the same as BRD? Or is that a different daughter? Anyway, sorry she's dealing with a broken arm -- that's a drag, to say the least.

    It took me a moment to figure out "Italica"! I was thinking of Italy and/or Italians...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same daughter. But "Artistic" suits her better than "Rich".

      Delete
  14. "I herd it through the grapevine" gave me a little groan. Sorry to hear about the BAD. I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete