Saturday, September 23, 2023

AUTUMN HAS FALLEN

We made it once again. 

Autumn arrived just before midnight last night.

As I woke and checked the weather I see it is cool(ish) and damp outside.

The temperature at 6:30 a.m. is 61 degrees F. (16 C.) and the Weather Gods say there are showers in the vicinity.

One of my most faithful and consistent humor suppliers, Wacky Wally, sent me this meme this morning.



So the season of those insufferable Pumpkin Spice Everythings has arrived.

Halloween and even CHRISTMAS decorations are prominent in stores and some people are already decorating, with the spooky night still over a month away.

In one of my doctor's offices a small artificial tree has stood for years.

It is decorated by the office manager and members of the staff for whatever season or holiday might be approaching.

The other day when I was there I noticed it was decorated for the Fall Season.




It's clever and perhaps brings a smile to the faces of people waiting (and waiting and waiting) to receive their medical consultations.

Happy Autumn, everyone*!

( * - except for my friend River in South Australia and others in the Southern Hemisphere who have Springtime staring them in the face.)

14 comments:

  1. I have never before seen an autumn tree! Well, not one like that, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that customizable tree! I'm not ready for Xmas decor and hate pumpkin spice drinks. I sound like a real grinch! We're looking at a whole bunch of rainy days--which we need but aren't pleasant to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Maine it is 60 degrees F at 11:49 a.m. And Happy Autumna to you as well. My aging kitty has been complaining in the early hours about the change in temps. Methinks the heat will kick on tonight because I'm not enjoying the chill. This fall the trees have turned to colors early due to the Spring/Summer hot temps. Can't complain - all is still so beautiful! From the base of the mini-mountain in Maine. Regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Regina. I have a friend who lives in Maine.

      Delete
  4. It was 16˚C here this morning too. Now up to 20˚C and sunny which is a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is happening here. There's a big beautiful tree on our block that changes into the most stunning red leafs of autumn color. We're expecting our first big rains of the season on Monday. We have definitely waved good bye to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Fall! I am so ready for it. Not a pumpkin spice person either, although I do love pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I just made a plum torte today. I haven't tasted it yet but Judy says it's good.

      Delete
  7. I was thinking of chiding you for getting the timing of the equinox wrong, and then I remembered -- time zones. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chide away, AC. I've made that same mistake myself. 🙄

      Delete
  8. Hurray for Wacky Wally!
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is slapping us in the face with the hot north winds and the pollens. I have stocked up on tissues and antihistamines.
    Love the Fall tree decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sympathy about your allergens. Happy Spring anyway!

      Delete
  10. Best thing about fall is we're that much closer to winter.

    ReplyDelete