Wednesday, January 3, 2024

MORNING SUNSHINE

I was in my room doing what I usually do in the early morning (and the rest of the day), reading "stuff" (on my computer), working puzzles (on my computer), posting to my blog (on my computer) and writing to friends (on my computer), when my boss (SWMBO) said "Come here and bring your camera."

I asked my other boss (my computer) if it would be okay if I could leave for a minute.

It seemed to be a bit snarly but granted me permission.

When I went to the living room my wife pointed at the coffee table and ordered me to take a picture of what the morning sun she had just admitted through the front window was doing.

So I did.


The sun was brightening a bouquet of flowers I had brought her a few days before but with three newly-opened lilies.

And her beloved crystal ball, which our daughter has been pining after for years.

She has many of her own now but still yearns for this one and knows she'll get it some day.

In the meantime, it glows in our house when the morning sunshine strikes it.

23 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous flowers and I love the light on them. Lilies are one of my favorites but they are poisonous to kitties so make sure SP doesn't nibble on them. Mari is a nibbler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous. It is a great time of year to have fresh flowers since the days are short and here it has been really grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tc/Light/Breezes Lovely. Thanks to Judy for catching the photo op and to you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for her for having you take the picture, and good for you for buying the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What secrets does the crystal ball have to say about you Mr Taylor? Lovely picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swmbo had a good eye to see that image when she opened the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! Like a painting. She was right to call you.. I too have a crystal ball. Well, and a ruby one, a green one, a ble and an amber. I tend to overkill, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The right light makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thecontemplativecat here Such a beautiful photo. great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture would make a good puzzle! The crystal ball tells me that you are a good husband, and have a window facing east.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful photo, the flowers and the crystal ball. I have always wanted one of those. I'll have to send Santa a reminder next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! I think it is so nice that you bring flowers home to your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margaret: SP is such a finicky eater I don't think we have anything to fear.

    RedPat: It was very grey and cold here yesterday too and the BAD says she had snow in Prescott last evening.

    Tom: Thanks for appreciating.

    Anonymous: They are, aren't they?

    CheerfulMonk: We're just a good pair! 😊

    Yorkshire Pudding: Only the Shadow knows! Thanks.

    Red: Yes she does.

    GrannySue: Somehow that doesn't surprise me! 😏

    Travel: Yes it does.

    Contemplative Cat: Thank you!

    Val: It's a very wise crystal ball, apparently.

    River: Never to soon to ask Santa.

    Ellen D.: I must confess it's been a long time so maybe I'm not as good as you think. 😳

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that the computer gave you permission to leave when the SWMBO asked you to come and take a photo. Beautiful light on the flowers and crystal ball. Lovely sunlit moment. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The angle of the sun right now can hit very well. But it was a bit of the problem on my early drive this morning. I think sunglasses were required more that on some bright, summer days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun reflecting off of snow can be very bright.

      Delete
  16. That was certainly worth getting up from the computer to photograph. Beautiful flowers in perfect light.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sunshine makes a difference! What a beautiful bouquet.

    ReplyDelete