Tuesday, January 23, 2024

THE PUZZLE QUEEN & HER REWARD

 You may recall that the BAD, aka the Bad Beautiful Artistic Daughter, brought jigsaw puzzles into our peaceful abode this past Christmas, spiting my direct orders.

But I dug out a card table and set it up and turned the puzzle solving over to SWMBO, aka She Who loves to drive me batty Must Be Obeyed.

Over the weeks that that blasted thing occupied prime living space in my previously calm home I wandered in, glanced at it and on three separate and widely seperated occasions placed one piece in place and left the room.

But mein frau stuck at it and yesterday she finished it.


And that glare in top center is not the setting sun.

It's an effect of an error on my part - not turning off the flash on my camera-phone.

At any rate, I soon got my reward when she tore it down and put it back in it's coffin box and I took down the table once again.

Today, SWMBO got her reward.



Two loaves of freshly baked English Muffin bread.

But WAIT, as the commercial on television used to scream, there's MORE!


A pan of (also freshly baked) chocolate bar cookies.

If that doesn't have your mouth watering yet let me give you a closer look.



Those are dark chocolate chunks scattered over the top and, as I told her, they also are scattered through the interior of the cookies/bars/brownies/cake.

So she's waiting for them to cool off enough to taste devour.

I'm just waiting for cocktail hour!

19 comments:

  1. I know some people after finishing a jigsaw puzzle glue it on a board and hang it. I actually like the idea the glare is the sun in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a motel in Seligman that uses jigsaw puzzles that are glued to boards and framed as the artwork in their rooms. Very classy. BTW good job on finishing the puzzle and the baked goods look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on her for stocking with it! As I said before, I can't have them here as I get completely obsessed about completing them.
    The bread and cookie bars look incredible. I have never heard of English muffin bread but I know I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chocolate bar cookies looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chocolate bar cookies would probably go well with a cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are handy dandy in the kitchen, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like jig saw puzzles and haven't done one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for not getting suckered into it. Baking sound like more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate bar cookies, yum! I too dislike puzzles; John is more of a fan and sometimes I do a little bit, mainly the edges because it's all I'm good for. Meine Frau, Bruce! (mein is for male nouns)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure SWMBO couldn't have completed the puzzle without your contributions... That pan of cookies looks incredible. I'd work a puzzle to get one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the jigsaw picture. My brother does them and always has one or two on the go, but then he has a whole separate room with a big dining table to use. They eat in the smaller dining area off the kitchen. His house is huge! Anyway. I have nowhere to set up one where the cat won't get to it so my jigsaws live in their boxes in a cupboard, all forgotten and lonely.
    The bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the freshly baked chocolate bar cookie bake looks scrumptious! As for the English muffin loaves, I would hesitate as in English slang a muffin is a vagina. Do you have a surfeit of English women in Prescott Valley?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those chocolate cookies/brownies/whatever look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to come over to eat & work a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Congrats to SWMBO on finishing that puzzle! Looks tricky with all of that blue in the middle. Your treats look yummy and I would like to try your English muffin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the puzzle and yum, those brownies look heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't enjoy jigsaw puzzles. Of course no one has ever offered me delectable baked goods to complete one. I think I might be tempted to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My uncle used to glue them when he was done.

    ReplyDelete