Tuesday, February 13, 2024

CELEBRATE!

It's Fat Tuesday!

Laissez le bon temps rouler!

(Let the good times roll.)

You might start your celebration with the traditional Hurricane (drink).



Then, maybe, indulge in a big pot of Jambalaya!



And don't forget the King Cake!



Of course if you take a dim view of all this indulgence and call the day Shrove Tuesday, right after confessing your sins and begging for absolution, you'll have to settle for pancakes.




Tomorrow (some say) is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of 40 days of Lent.

A time for fasting and giving up foods you love.

But for the rest of us tomorrow is Valentine's Day, a day to indulge in chocolate.

Lots and lots of chocolate!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, for a minute there I thought you were going to say it was Fat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow morning don't be surprised if SWMBO sings you awake with:-
    My funny valentine
    Sweet comic valentine
    You make me smile with my heart

    Your looks are laughable
    Unphotographable
    Yet, you're my favourite work of art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, she's been doing that for years. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of the tune.

      Delete
  3. I used to keep close track of this date because we celebrated in class. It was lots of fun! I love jambalaya and King Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent? I did not know that. I am not Catholic so didn't learn these things as a baby. Not that I plan on giving up any of my favourite foods, that's crazy talk, but maybe I could give up mentally swearing at the neighbours when they start up their karaoke machine at 3am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have some of that Jambalaya! I love shrimp, more than chocolate. No repenting of sins here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was looking at chocolates for this day, I realized that if they put them in a heart-shaped box, they also upped the price by 50%.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here the indulgence is paczki. Pronounced punch-key. Yummo. Being all dieting, I did not treat myself to one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had blueberry pancakes with lots of maple syrup! Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's also Arizona's birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day! I was raised Catholic, but thank goodness I got away from all that nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pancakes for me. I made a point of going to a restaurant for some that day.

    ReplyDelete