Saturday, February 10, 2024

SATURDAY MADNESS

 Being "cat people", we and daughter Gayle both have had for many years Cat-a-Day Calendars.

But today's chosen kitty was a shocker.

And there's only one calendar page for the entire weekend, both Saturday and Sunday.

So here's what greeted me when I changed the calendar this morning.



Now this particular breed of cat is called the Sphynx and they are naturally completely fur-less.

My wife and our daughter both hate the look of them and feel that they are eternally cold.

But I held one at a cat show one time and can confirm that they are warm, as warm as any other cat.

Nevertheless, the two members of MY tribe were comparing notes this morning and conjuring up ways to both cover the "naked" cat and keep it warm.

Judy found that her wool cap would do the trick.



Gayle, aka the Beautiful Artistic Daughter, always the artist, put scissors to work on another previously used calendar page picture she found to remedy the situation.



There!  Problem solved!

About this next item, I shall have no further comment.

17 comments:

  1. Groan on Capt. James T. Kirk. Probably a generation of non-football will watch just to see her. That cat needed a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have some divergent thinkers in your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, the Beautiful Artistic Daugter lives in her own house 10 miles away! 😄

      Delete
  3. tc/Light/Breezes- Yikes! On the cat, weird and and double Yikes on Kirk and the Swifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poor Sphynx! It cannot help the way it looks. Would we wish that elephants did not have trunks or that camels did not have humps? Solidarity with sphynx cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I love the way they think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dislike the look of hairless cats about as much as I dislike the amount of hair my furry Lola sheds each day. I've given up vacuuming because she hates the machine, I'll wait until I am knee deep in fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not madness! That's the cat's pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a TV advert that pops up rather often here ( UK...no idea what it is advertising so not doing it's job!) and it features a particularly ugly sphynx cat. At least yours has quite a nice face!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wondered about those cats being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a surprising thing about these cats. They need to be bathed and frequently, because their skin still produces the oils that would normally be distributed throughout the cats' fur. If they are not bathed, they leave grease spots where they lay or where they rub against.

    That was enough to make me determined to never own one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your wife and daughter got that kitty cat all cozy and warmed up. And thank you for the laugh. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, the Star Trek guys made me laugh! I love both options for that cat. It does look like it would be cold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the ST one, so appropriate! I feel bad for that cat. I'm sure it's lovely and loving inside but its outside isn't pleasing. (to me anyway)

    ReplyDelete