Monday, March 25, 2024

TESTING, TESTING

 After two days of posts about our lovely ornamental fruit tree blossoms here in the foothills of Arizona, what to our wondering eyes should we see last night?

This!


That, my dear friends, is not a meteor shower.

Or an alien invasion.

It was this!


SNOW, falling from the sky once again.

We have had snowstorms in March before, as I have warned in previous posts, but this one came as a surprise even though yesterday was cold and windy.

A little later, just about the time it was ending, our shrub had a distinctly white shawl.


I imagined I heard "False Spring" laughing as it moved on out.

But this morning . . .


. . . la monja and the Blue Cat did not appear amused.

16 comments:

  1. We have the same....in the Highlands....so far not here, just icy cold wind, and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been getting snow too, but it melts during the day down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your temp didn't dip below 0 C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think it may have! But only briefly. 😁

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't be amused at snow either after such a pretty taste of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never know what a spring day may be like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of Arizona is not arid desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Ick. Boo. We had a week of this nonsense. Yesterday it finally got up into the 50s again. We finally dared to let the fire go out. I am a much nicer person when I am not cold, and that is all I am going to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had zero snow this year & I'll bet people would be ecstatic to get a little bit. I myself am ready for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope things warm up there and spring really arrives. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! But you know, my Facebook memory from 10 years ago showed snow on this date.

    ReplyDelete