Saturday, April 20, 2024

420

Yes, it's 420 Day . . the day to celebrate all things marijuana.

And it's legal now here in Red-turning-Purple Arizona.

Yes, recreational marijuana is an okay thing in the state that gave you Barry Goldwater.

Actually, Barry was a bit of a rebel and one can imagine him trying a bit of weed sometime in his day.

I sent a few friends who probably still "use" this meme last night.




For those of you who may not know, Willy along with being a legendary musician has long been very open about his reliance on pot to relax.

I'm not sure that he was making any deliveries last night but what the heck.

My smoking days are long in the past and I have never tried the "edibles".

Well that's not exactly true.

I have some tales about a fierce baked treat from one of my friends called Mari-Mari Balls.

And I did, indeed, get baked from their consumption.

But that's a story for another time.

You might have thought I was about to partake when you see what I conjured up in the Taylor Home Bakery today.

Just in time for "The Munchies"!




It's a Flourless Chocolate Cake, from a recipe by Genevieve Ko in the New York Times.

It's fresh from the oven so it's too hot to try yet but I got a taste from the toothpick I used to check it's doneness and I think it'll do.

I was assisted (nagged actually) by my sous chef keeping a close eye on me.




I think most, if not all, of you know that chocolate is taboo for cats.

But Miss Sweetie-Pie thinks any time anyone goes into the kitchen they are preparing something for her.

As people have said in a slightly different way about Judy and I, we can't understand why she's still such a little cat considering all she eats.

I wonder . . . does catnip have the same effect as Mary Jane?

28 comments:

  1. I've never tried marijuana, but I'm proud that I knew about 420. I love the Willie Nelson poster. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari is a little cat too and has a voracious appetite. Do flourless cakes get frosting too? I'm all about the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tc-Light/Breezes--knew a couple of guys in college who smoked cat nip and said all it did was give them a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legal here. The Pony may or may not have had a little snack to celebrate 4/20. Sent me a text at 4:24 saying he had just clocked out at work, day off tomorrow. And that his friends across the land were commemorating 4/20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved here from a state where it was legal, medicinal and recreation. Now I live in NC. I can get an AR-15 easier than pot.
    There is nothing like it for pain.To think in the 70s I used it to get high, now I like it for pain management. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all change as we age. You're always welcome in Arizona! 😊

      Delete
  6. No clue about 420 here! I have never tried Marijuana of any kind, except a few ointments my grandson gave me---he manages recreational pot stores in LA. My sons don't believe i never tried pot, and my grandkids don't either, since back in the 7os our friends were all hippies and it was always available at get-togethers. But I dislike smoke of any kind, so that kept me safe, I guess! That and having 4 little boys. I wasn't about to do anything that could get them taken away, and in those days in WV, better not to take chances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. I was a very late bloomer and was very paranoid for quite a while.

      Delete
  7. Chocolate is also extremely bad for dogs. My Lola (cat) understands chocolate is bad for her as I have told her several times and now when I have some she doesn't even sniff in my direction, just turns away and goes to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried marijuana nor ever wished to, I prefer my lungs and brain remain the way I was born with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Barry Goldwater having a toke now and then sounds entirely possible, actually. He probably would have been a much pleasanter person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put some spectacles on Willie's nose and he would look like your twin brother. I have smoked both marijuana and cannabis far more than once but not for many a long year. Having witnessed how these so-called recreational drugs affected my younger brother, I would never defend their use. People should be very cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over use of any substance is not a good practice.

      Delete
  11. Odd laws, legal to possess in Virginia, but the state has delayed setting up a legal sales system. I have not touched in probably 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Willie Nelson meme. It has been a long time since I smoked anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It still surprises me that marijuana is actually legal here in California too. There are several pot stores in town here. We have come a long way, haven't we! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the NYT recipe you mentioned and saved it. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As it cools the dome collapses and the crevice heals itself. Thanks for visiting. Your blog looks delicious, especially the post on home grown tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete