Wednesday, April 3, 2024

DEFINITELY A NICE SPRING DAY

 Today was a Spring day the likes of which I've been waiting for.

I stepped outside in the early afternoon to check the mail and was stunned by the warmth.

It was a very sunny day for a change and when I checked my local weather site it said the temperature was 78 degrees!

I opened up the house and let some of that glorious warm air come in to air out the winter's dregs.

After I told Judy she went out and did a trim job on the two shrubs in front of the house.

I love this time of year.

If it's not snowing!

Earlier in the day I mashed up four bananas and made a loaf of banana bread.




We haven't tasted it yet but it looks great and it made the house smell great this morning.

14 comments:

  1. send some this way. I LOVE banana bread. And the beaner makes a pretty good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you certainly don't need mine! 😄

      Delete
  2. I like it cooler than you do, but I'm happy for you. That banana bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 78 degrees, it's just about perfect. When I make banana bread I call it banana cake, my recipe has yoghurt and raw sugar in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't like it here this morning. We have a covering with, perhaps, more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeously warm! I blew out the yard from all the previous storms and then rode my bike. Everyone was out walking. Long wait for this kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first warm spring days are energizing. We feel that winter has finally passed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to have warm sunshiny days. Enjoy every moment of it while eating a slice of that delicious looking banana bread. Yum! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, I can smell that delicious banana bread from here!
    Chilly and rainy here but we might get some days in the 60s next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 78 degrees sounds like heaven! We're not even close to that here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't go wrong with banana bread.

    It is snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 78 degrees. Whimper. It is supposed to snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have had 3 days of rain so nice and sunny sounds wonderful. Time to take the banana bread out onto the patio and give it a taste. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh nice-looking bread. Trade you our weather for yours? Not fit for man or beast outside today.

    ReplyDelete