Thursday, August 15, 2024

BROWNIES?

I made another batch of brownies this morning, just like the batch I made a couple of weeks ago.

But this batch had a problem.

Here's how they came out.



The edges crisped up but the center, while done according to the toothpick test, looks almost liquid and sunken.

I don't know what went wrong because I followed the recipe exactly the same as the last time.

One difference: the recipe calls for an 8x8 inch square pan and mine is 9x9.

I seem to have a memory from last time that I might have crumpled up some foil to reduce the size of my pan but I really can't remember.

So this is what I'm left with today.



On the upside, SWMBO said the house smelled heavenly while they were baking and I had to agree.

The real test will come down to the eating!

I know you're all saying "How can you resist?", but we just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'll let you know.

18 comments:

  1. I would eat it. Put vanilla ice cream on top. Or chocolate chip mint ice cream. They serve it at Leff-T's .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just tasted them. They are wonderful, no matter how they look. We ate most of the first batch with whipped topping from a can.

      Delete
  2. In the last picture of the brownie it appears to grinning like the devil... or maybe that's just my fertile imagination. Did you put your bake on the same oven shelf as before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me awhile to see that. I can't remember about the oven shelf. That could have made the difference.

      Delete
  3. you must have forgotten that important "special" ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat the warmed up gooey center with vanilla ice cream. Nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try it!
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are perfectly edible! The delicious crusty part first. Then the innards, even if it's not completely baked. No such thing as a bad brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very tempting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks are not at all important when it comes to brownies, taste is what matters. I have found in the past that sunken brownies are often a little dry, the mix sinks when it is even a little overbaked. I take mine from the oven when a few sticky bits still cling to the skewer, there's enough heat in the pan to finish the baking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the fact that you did not eat the gooey center hot out of the oven, topped with vanilla icecream demonstrates a self control that I (sadly) lack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tasting is the true test.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Were these a box mix? I have this happen when I use mixes but still great to eat!

    ReplyDelete