Friday, August 16, 2024

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

I was just thinking it's a great day to play the lottery: 8/16/24!

See 8 times 2 is 16 and 8 times 3 is 24.

Oh, forget it.

Let's see what else we've got.

I'm just about finished with a book SWMBO got from the library recently: "Ascent to Power".

It's about Harry Truman's struggle to get out from under the shadow of the President that he succeeded: Franklin D. Roosevelt; and how he then remade the world.

Not exactly light reading but for a political junkie like me it's fascinating.

This year's presidential race has evolved into one of fascination also.

But enough about politics.

Oh! Brownie Report!

We tasted them and agreed.

They are sensational and fudgy!

Who cares what they look like!

And now let me introduce a few friends of mine to brighten your day.

After all, it's Friday, you know.
























And that is what I selected from the Humor Bank to entertain you this Friday!

Now let's all plan something scrumptious for this weekend so as to feel totally enervated when we have to go back to work on Monday.

(well, some of you)

But whatever you do or wherever you go, always remember to keep laughing!

It will entertain you and give those not in on the joke reasons to point and sneer at you.

Ta-ta!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .

( . . . oops, sorry . . . )


20 comments:

  1. '😊👍
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by how you come up with new ones for us each week! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Thanks for the laughs. The heart racing one made me guffaw! (I think that is the first time I have ever used that word.)
    Brownies sound delicious. I have baked very little lately. Maybe it's time to make brownies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my humble (okay, not so humble) opinion, it's always time for brownies.

      Delete
  4. I don't suppose that Dostoevsky is on the MAGA-approved booklist for adult reading. They have addressed children's books and library books - I guess it's just a question of time before they start policing what adults choose to read. Why do those weirdos read anyway when they could just watch TV? Glad to hear that the brownies turned out fine after all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure you should buy that lottery ticket. The logic seems off, but afterall it is Friday Funnies Day. May the bladder reign! Yes! Nice to have some excitement in politics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew those brownies would be fudgy and delicious! Did you include the vanilla ice cream? Russian lit is never light reading in my experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just ate 'em out of the pan once they'd cooled. Delicious!

      Delete
  7. These are all so funny. I laughed out loud at each one. Thank you for that! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is not officially Friday until Catalyst posts the Friday funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great collection this week, I needed a meeting rescue dog one day last week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many hilarious ones this week! I loved the top two, but the one that made me LOL was the bladder one because it's TRUE!!!

    Also, I thought the brownies looked amazing - glad they were tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Dostoevsky and the Bad Date Rescue Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are a all winners. I got a lot of chuckles. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dishwasher lady strikes a chord with me. Even though I have no dishwasher, just a space under the counter that would be willing to accept one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially love the woman unloading the dishwasher. My hero.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kitty must ignore.

    I've read McCulloughs bio on Truman, so that is familiar territory.

    ReplyDelete