Monday, September 30, 2024

MONDAY MISCELLANY

 This past weekend was not particularly a good one for a lot of folks, particularly in North Carolina where Dana Bug and Dr. M live just east of where the worst happened around Asheville.

They escaped a direct hit but their electricity went out on Friday and isn't expected to be restored until next Friday!

Dr. M took this picture of one of his routes to check on his father.


No getting through that but the resourceful driver finally found a way to get where he was going and his dad was okay.

Those Carolina folk are gritty.

Over here I got a message from Tommy Terrific on the Left Coast.

He shared a photo of one of their cats lazing in the sun.


That's Hemingway, so named because of his huge six-toed paws, like the cats Ernest Hemingway had as pets in Key West.

SWMBO loves an orange or yellow cat so she enjoyed seeing him again.

Meanwhile, the music world lost a giant over the weekend.

Kris Kristofferson died at his home on Maui, where his friend Willy Nelson also has a home.

I communicated with my longtime photographer friend, Timmer, up in Colorado, and he reminded me that he had once shot a story on the third re-make of the movie "A Star Is Born".

This one starred Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand and Timmer still has the mug the movie crew gave him on that day.



So nothing much to report but it seems now like it was a busy weekend.

Here in still-hot Arizona I keep bangin' away at my Spanish lessons from Duolingo.


How was YOUR weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Kris Kristofferson was a Rhodes scholar which I always found interesting. And Dame Maggie Smith also recently died. Lots about each of them now showing their body of work. I have no body of work. In fact, my body needs work.

    ReplyDelete