Monday, September 16, 2024

WHERE HAVE I GONE?

On January 15th, 2015, I weighed myself.

I tipped the scales at 241 pounds!

Now I used to be 6-feet-2 inches tall but recently I found I was only 6 feet!

Age tends to reduce one's height, if not their weight.

This photo of me was taken a few months later, on my 75th birthday.



I had definitely ballooned over the years.

So I began drinking less and perhaps watching my eating a bit less and slowly the pounds began to slip away.

When I got on the scale this morning, it registered 170.0 pounds!

That means I've lost 71 pounds from my top weight!

Granted, it's taken me over 9 years and not much effort has gone into it but there it is.

I had Judy take my photo a few minutes ago.



Though I do tend to prefer loose-fitting clothing, I think you can see the difference.

I give credit to the nagging cooking skills of my beloved SWMBO.

She has discovered the wonders of sheet pan baking.


(before)


(after)

Never mind the scorch marks around the chicken.

That's just barbecue sauce.

You can see some assorted mini-peppers, onions, potatoes, carrots and that wonderful faux-barbecued chicken.

Suffice it to say that it was, as usual, wonderfully tasty.

And, yes, while we do eat well; no, we don't eat like that every day.

16 comments:

  1. You look tip top, as the saying went. Alas, I fear that a bit of the weight you lost I came across and claimed as my own. I'm currently thinking of divesting myself of it, we'll see how that goes.
    Judy's cooking looks delicious. Give her my regards, please. She's a saint.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! You and the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Slow and steady weight loss is the kind that tends to stick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tc-Light/Breezes You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your gradual weight loss Bruce! However, it must be confusing for SWMBO as you are now only half the man you once were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look terrific! Well done!
    P.S. I add my bbq sauce for like the last 15 minutes so it doesn't get burnt. I think that helps...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best kind of weight loss is the one that still allows delicious food and drink--just not too much of it! You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking Good!! The only thing I seem to lose is muscle. Does Judy have a diet to fix that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, my friend .... the weight loss, not the scorch marks around the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the weight loss. Taking it off over a long time means that it will likely stay off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great!
    ---CM (Cheerful Monk)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another blogger I read has also lost weight, 44 pounds just by cutting back. I've been cutting back for years and walking to and from the shop everyday and all I've lost is maybe 5 pounds. Congratulations to you, that final photo shows a fit and healthy body.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to do that. You have lost a mini-me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are looking great! Glad you lost the weight and are still eating yummy food. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! Your joints and blood vessels appreciate it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking good! You and dinner too!

    ReplyDelete