Thursday, December 17, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY

I've been a baseball fan for as long as I can remember.

It started with my love for the Brooklyn Dodgers back in the 1940's.

Then after the team moved to Los Angeles, it was the Los Angeles Dodgers.

This, I might point out, was before the Arizona Diamondbacks came into existence.

I continued to follow the Dodgers even after we moved south of the border to Mexico.

I was able to follow the team there on television and a bookstore in Guadalajara even sold the Los Angeles Times.

So in 1988 when the team won the World Series I was following every play while wearing my Dodgers tee shirt.

And I sent this picture back to my friends in Phoenix who were supporting different teams.


That is the face of a happy baseball fan.

11 comments:

  1. I've been to Dodger Stadium a bunch of times since I've lived out here. Once you get past paying 24 bucks for two beers and two hot dogs it's a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new bar header! Downtown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in Phoenix. Great restaurant.

      Delete
    2. Fond memories of Pappadeaux in Galston TX. The boys were underage, but we ordered them up beers anyway and no one said a thing. They'll never forget it!

      Delete
  3. Great photo, still looking skinny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a mere shadow of yourself in that picture. Were you on a diet of some sort or was it the water down there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a severe case of Montezuma's Revenge when we first got down there and couldn't eat anything and keep it down. Lost about 50 pounds. Then when I finally was o.k., I gained about 20-25 back and stayed at that weight (around 175) until we came back four years later. I was skinny but perfectly healthy. But I learned later that on our first trip back to the states, old friends were speculating about whether I had got AIDS!

      Delete
    2. Yeah....if you'd given me the info of the time and place, I might have guessed that. You just look a bit more thin than fit in the pictures. Look at you now, though.....picture of health.

      Delete
  5. I don't want to admit what I was doing the last time I wore an expression comparably happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a life long Yankee fan, I know that feeling very well.

    Last couple of years I'm just not into the game like I used to be.

    ReplyDelete