Sunday, January 7, 2018

ROCKIN' ROBIN

It seems like a long time until Spring but I guess as long as the temperature hovers in the mid 60's I will get visits from this guy and his relatives and friends.



This robin red breast made several visits to the bird bath this morning but not to bathe, only to drink.


He seemed very nervous and kept looking through the window glass at me.


I find it curious that when he puts his head down to take a drink, he appears from the expression on his face to be angry and ferocious.


Once he got his fill, he changed his position to be looking out into the yard before flying away.

7 comments:

  1. Maybe our Brown Hawk was on vacation in AZ? He makes the other birds very nervous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rating on Bird Yelp, must be quite high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any robins here this winter and usually there are a few that linger but not this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must have heard a rumor that you're a bird voyeur, and he's on his guard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a few robins who stay here year round.They are very hardy birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen a robin that looks like that for a very long time. I don't think we see very many down here.

    ReplyDelete