Thursday, July 12, 2018

MADDIE

I wrote the other day about one of our neighbors.

Here's another one.


This is Maddie, who allows Captain D and his family to live with her.

She seems to spend nearly as much time in our front yard, sleeping under the bushes I presume, as she does at their house.

Yesterday I opened the door to retrieve a package that had just been delivered and Maddie dashed inside!

Captain D had warned me some time ago that she would do that.

He said she'd been in other houses in the neighborhood.

She is a very friendly cat.

And yesterday she was in a very relaxed and trusting mood.










I took these pictures as she rolled and squirmed at my feet.

I've learned that a cat that will show you it's belly is very comfortable with your presence.

SWMBO looked at the photos and said "She's flirting with you!"

What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. No desire to own (or be owned by) a cat, but I wouldn't mine an occasional visit from a cat like Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Maddy is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She like you, she really likes you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks just like my first cat! Love an old-fashioned tabby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You may rub my belly.

    But only three times.

    Four,and I'm totally clawing your hand."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! She clearly considers your house her house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. She's flirting. Making herself at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks almost exactly like my beloved visitor cat Pushkin. He's been a regular visitor to me for about 4 years and only recently began to trust me and to admit that he likes (loves?) me. I can even rub his belly.

    Yes Maddie is definitely flirting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If Pushkin allows you to run his belly . . . that's love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. “I like you. I trust you.

    Does not mean rub my belly.”

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think she knows a cat lover when she sees one.

    ReplyDelete