Thursday, August 2, 2018

THE BAKERY

The other day the BRD, after admiring the Cherry Clafoutis I made and blogged about recently, said she was going to get a big bunch of blueberries and trade some to me for the recipe.

I had mentioned in my blog that the recipe came from renowned pastry chef David Lebovitz and was readily available on the web.

But what the heck.

Free blueberries?

I quickly printed off a copy of the recipe and made the swap with her.

Here is her BLUEBERRY clafoutis.


We still had a handful or two of cherries left and SWMBO convinced me to make another one of the French desserts with them and some of the blueberries.

So here's mine.


Oh and a couple of loaves of English Muffin Bread that I whipped up after the clafoutis was done.

I'm finding great joy in baking as long as the recipes are easy and both of these fit that bill.

11 comments:

  1. I am quite impressed! Retired = Baking. Great equation I'll look forward to. I have a friend that just retired and her math is Retired = Restaurant every night. Probably doesn't eat as well as you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All items look delectable. Maybe you should set up a sidewalk cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use an oven, or just leave them out in the Arizona heat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am making mine in the morning when it is cool. The cherries in the store are not that good anymore so I will add some blueberries. Can I put strawberries also?

    ReplyDelete
  5. L.Lewis - I'm not too sure about that, though we do eat well.

    William Kendall - C'mon on down!

    Val - Oh then it becomes work.

    joeh - Funny. Very funny.

    Peace Thyme - Whatever works for you.

    Tom - You have a great kitchen and you're both good cooks. Do I detect a solution here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed since baking feels so difficult to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for football being back! GO RAMS!!!

    ReplyDelete