Friday, August 30, 2019

A BIT OF SKY PIX

We've had some amazing "dark and stormy" skies lately but not a lot of rain.

Except for that one day when it rained for something over an hour and our amateurish rain gauge measured 1-1/4 inches.

Anyway, here's a couple of sky pictures, most favoring the top of a neighbor's house.





And, as a special treat prompted by LL (Lori Across Town) who mentioned Nehru jackets along with Madras yesterday . . . watch out!


Yes, that's me.

51 years ago when I was a 28 year old stripling covering the Republican National Convention of 1968 in Miami Beach.

As I told Lori in an email, I had a brown Nehru jacket also.

They bring to mind an old saying, "there's no accounting for bad taste."

And yes, I regret to say, I smoked cigarettes for way too many years before renouncing that evil habit in 1991.

6 comments:

  1. They always reminded me of a priest's cassock collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Nehru jacket at the GOP Convention! ? What were you thinking? You must have told them you were a friend of Sammy Davis Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Cochrun, I was a trendsetter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow a Nehru Jacket. I haven't thought of those in years. It's so cool you have photos of these old fashion trends.

    ReplyDelete