Thursday, August 29, 2019

ThrowBackThursday

Close your eyes, relax, let your breathing slow down.

We're going back, back and further back into the distant past.

Back into the mid-1970's.

Yes, 40 or 45 years ago.

To the era of brightly colored clothing.

To the days of . . . . . . . MADRAS!


Featuring, from left to right, my dear wife Judy (aka SWMBO for She Who Must Be Obeyed), my ownself, and our friends, Tom and Lana Cochrun.

Doesn't it look like either I've swiped Tom's pants or he's swiped my jacket?

And that is NOT a gigantic spiff that Lana is holding.

It's Pampas Grass, wrapped and sealed in paper for her to carry onto the airplane ferrying them back to their home in Indiana.

It should make her the object of attention to her fellow travelers.

They've been vacationing in California and then visiting us in Phoenix.

Oh, those hazy, crazy days of summer many years ago.

11 comments:

  1. I played my best golf in slacks like those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a past! All this time I thought you were born an old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I had a bright madras skirt, loved the colors, so cool in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Madras make a comeback? Did Nehru collars? Of course if we had kept all these vintage clothes, they wouldn't fit anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit- if I wore pants like that, there would be no photographic record of it to speak of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, had a couple madras shirts in the summer of '64....liked the way the colors faded into each other....doesn't seem that long ago, or seems another lifetime. Not sure which.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you and Tom look like you're wearing mix-n-match Garanimals clothing. I think madras made a comeback, because I had two sundresses made of it, at the tail-end of the '80s. One was a blue/aqua mix, and the other orange/pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, that brought back some memories of plaids of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice old photo. I had completely forgotten about the madras time of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is some serious plaid! I don't remember the madras craze, but I DO remember when pampas grass was a must-have decorating accessory.

    ReplyDelete