Thursday, September 5, 2019

ThrowBack Thursday

Who would have thought that this refugee from a "hair band" . . .



(uh . . the guy on the right.  That's John Wayne he's chatting up)

. . . the pensive photographer on a picnic in the 1970's . . .


. . . would some day years later become this . . .


Yes, back in the day, Timmer was my television news photographer in Phoenix.

But a move to Denver, some 40 years of aging, a necktie and a haircut turned him into a respected vice-president on the verge of retirement.

I look at him now and marvel at what the years have done.

(p.s. He's a grandfather, too, but he's still one of my old pals.)

6 comments:

  1. A great piece, about a great guy who has been a stalwart pro. One of the old school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at photo's of me 45 years ago, tall, slender, not a fleck of grey. Seems like I'm looking at someone else's life. I do like that in my dreams occasionally I can still dunk a basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I put on my contacts, then look in the mirror I'm amazed at the wrinkled old face staring back at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy your throw-back shots. Time flies.... My dad would say that all the time and now I know what he meant.

    ReplyDelete