Thursday, January 9, 2020

FRENCH APPLE CAKE

One of the blogs I follow is that of David Lebovitz, the former pastry chef at Chez Panisse restaurant in California and for a number of years now an expatriate in Paris.

He brings not only the taste of Paris but the tastes of French cuisine, most often as interpreted by an American.

He wrote on his blog about another American living in Paris, Dorie Greenspan, and her recipe for a French Apple Cake.

The recipe looked simple enough for an amateur home cook like me so yesterday I tried it.



It turned out well and I had a wee slice of it last night after dinner.


With a splash of whipped cream it was pretty darned good, if I do say so myself.

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a spring form pan. Which I haven't used in ages, but I seem to remember baking something similar in it. A 'wee slice' cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. I like your definition of "wee".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely delicious. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks tasty. I think the only improvement might be if someone else did all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great with vanilla ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete