Monday, April 26, 2021

PINK

 Pink sky at night - - a (???????) delight!

I couldn't find a finish for that bit of doggerel.

I know "Red sky at night, a sailor's delight" but nothing about a pink sky.

Actually I'm not sure that tonight's sky is actually going to be pink.

But the mighty Google tells me that there's a full moon scheduled tonight and it's known as a Pink Moon, named after phlox, the pink flowers that bloom in the Spring.

Well, regardless, a glance at our sky a bit ago told me that we probably won't see it anyway.


Pretty darned cloudy out there.

But fear not, sky watchers.

I snapped a photo of that same sky a couple of nights ago so here's a preview.


That's an indication of what you may see tonight if the skies are clear where you are.

You're welcome.

9 comments:

  1. 'Red sky by morning, sailors take warning.' It certainly was, but no weather to speak of all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Red sky by morning, sailors take warning.' It certainly was, but no weather to speak of all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be watching for the big moon, although I doubt that I'll capture a good picture of it. (or any photo for that matter!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the first time in quite a while we actually saw the moon rise full in a clear sky. I waved hello. It was not pink, but it was big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did we start naming all our full moons? That's what I want to know.

    "Red Sky at Night" makes me think of the Fixx song "Red Skies" from 1982.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had light clouds last night so could see the glow of the moon and it did look large but not pink! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just another full moon...may a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Overcast here the last couple of nights, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We watch the same old moon, new every night.

    ReplyDelete