Monday, April 18, 2022

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY

 Yup, you guessed it.

It's TAX DAY!




It's that joyous time of the year when, unlike yesterday, we have to figure out how to pay for all our sins of the previous year.

It's a wonderful day for Certified Public Accountants.

Not so great for the laggards who have put off the pain until the last moment.




One of the wonderful advantages of being a very old man and of having very little income is that I filed, electronically, as soon as I received the necessary forms in the mail.

Back around February 1st.

And, while I neither have to pay the Feds or receive anything back from them, I do get a pittance from a couple of state returns.

So I'm done early and (moderately) happy with the results.

For the rest of you, Happy Tax Day!

Easter Dinner went (relatively) swimmingly yesterday with the addition to our table of The BRD.

SWMBO did her usual stellar performance in the kitchen and the table was creaking with delicious comestibles.

Your Catalyst, the congenial host, forgot (once again) to take any  pictures so you will just have to use your imaginations.

As part of my atonement however I will share with you a photo sent to SWMBO from Devastating Diane.




That is something over 100 cinnamon rolls she baked for a "mini" brunch after Easter morning services at her church!

Diane is just about a month from celebrating her 90th birthday!

Can someone please find this woman and get her out of the kitchen!

10 comments:

  1. They look lovely..I can just imagine the aroma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, please find that woman and put her in MY kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good. Our taxes are not due until the end of April and I have not done mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of cinnamon rolls, but oh, my that's a LOT of work! I have a rental and lots of untaxed income, so I have a tax lady who files for me electronically. I did get a refund this year which was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me
    'Cause I'm the taxman
    Yeah, I'm the taxman (The Beatles)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinnamon Rolls! I love those things! Can she send me one? I suppose I could try making my own...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why on earth would we take her out of the kitchen?!!! Those cinnamon rolls look delicious. Keep on baking, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow -- that's a lot of cinnamon rolls! Doesn't it feel great to get those taxes out of the way?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to file for both NY and NJ as a NJ resident working in NY. Any NJ tax owed was reduced by NY tax paid, always greater so I never had to pay a NJ tax. Still the damn NJ form was so complicated it took me several hours of frustration filling it out and ending with ZERO owed or ZERO overpaid. Someone finally asked me what would happen if I did not file? Was NJ really going to come after me and demand interest on the ZERO money owed? That was my last time filing to NJ.

    Dang I hated tax time. These days, with the change in code the process is extra simple for us non high rollers.

    ReplyDelete