Sunday, April 17, 2022

I'M READY

 It is the day of days.

The day when SWMBO takes over the kitchen and prepares a feast.

After the last such day she vowed she would never do that again.

She said at her age and with her decades of self-imposed kitchen slavery she was done with it.

And yet.

And yet.

Here we are again.

This one is a little different.

As I have related, I made a dessert cake and a batch of dinner rolls.

But still there is the ham, the scalloped potatoes, the sweet potatoes, the relish plate, the deviled eggs.

So while she goes at it I will try to serve as her sous chef and her dishwasher and her errand boy.

But mostly I'll just try to stay out of her way.

After all, I have to rest from my labors.



Actually, that's my daily bask in the sun as I try to replicate George Hamilton's tan.

And contrary to belief, those are not horns protruding from my temples. 
It's merely the back of the chair.

8 comments:

  1. I wondered about the horns and thought about making an inappropriate joke, but it is Easter after all. It's tough to give up those traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Tricky Dick in '76, you're 'tanned, rested and ready'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the dinner. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not split up the meal? Sounds like you did your part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure that's the back of the chair? Hmm?
    I'm glad you help in the kitchen. The only help my husband ever did was the eating part. "We share the work," he'd say. "She cooks, I eat"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had all the makings of a great day. That tan is amazing and so are your horns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're getting some time to lie in the sun!

    ReplyDelete